Imphal, 12 April 2016 : 34 persons are injured in the violence that occurred at Mayang Imphal areas during Mayai Lambi bandh called against the death of two persons who were allegedly involved in the vehicle theft on April 7. 9 houses were also burnt in which Manipur Fire Service saved 8 houses from being completely burnt. Scuffles due to misunderstanding between the bandh supporters and the those who tried to stop vandalisation of vehicles led to the tension at Mayang Imphal Konchak. A jewellery shop and a house were also ransacked. Police had to resort to firing tear gas shells and bullets in the air to disperse the infuriated locals. Deputy Commissioner, Imphal West N Geoffrey and top police official rushed on the spot at around 2:30 in the afternoon and put the situation under control. Meanwhile, the authority has imposed indefinite curfew in Wangoi Sub-Division of Imphal West from 1 in the afternoon until further order.
34 including 5 police personnel injured in the Mayang Imphal violence Featured
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- "SORRY STATE OF COVID VACCINATION IN MANIPUR"
- 29 CURFEW VIOLATORS MADE TO UNDERGO COVID TESTING, 4 TESTED POSITIVE
- 9-YR-OLD MANIPURI GIRL LICYPRIYA SAVES MORE THAN 100 COVID-19 PATIENTS
- Staff of lone state run JNIMS hospital tenders mass resignation against non-implementation of 7th ROP
- A 17 year old boy killed and 7 others injured in a scuffle occurred at Kakwa Naorem Leikai, Imphal
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.