Imphal, 11 April 2016 : Governor V. Shanmuganathan yesterday inaugurated three-day second Flower Festival at Mao Gate, Senapati district on Nagaland-Manipur border. Addressing the event celebrated on the theme - 'Colours of Spring', Governor Shanmuganathan appealed to the people to develop Mao Gate as a tourist spot. Stating that flower plays a major role in the life of a human being, the Governor said every one should plant more trees and flowers for more greenery in the state. The Flower Festival was organised by Senapati District Administration & Mao Flower Grower’s Association in collaboration with Department of Horticulture and Soil Conservation and Department of Commerce and Industries. The flower festival is a concept nurtured by the people at large with collective efforts to promote and popularise floriculture. Altogether 64 stalls were opened by flower growers from various parts of the state.
Governor Shanmuganathan inaugurates 3-day Flower Festival at Mao; urges people to make Mao Gate as a tourist spot Featured
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- "SORRY STATE OF COVID VACCINATION IN MANIPUR"
- 29 CURFEW VIOLATORS MADE TO UNDERGO COVID TESTING, 4 TESTED POSITIVE
- 9-YR-OLD MANIPURI GIRL LICYPRIYA SAVES MORE THAN 100 COVID-19 PATIENTS
- Staff of lone state run JNIMS hospital tenders mass resignation against non-implementation of 7th ROP
- A 17 year old boy killed and 7 others injured in a scuffle occurred at Kakwa Naorem Leikai, Imphal
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.