Imphal, 8 April 2016 : Khongjom Battle Memorial Celebration Committee today accused the Manipur govt of trying to distort the history of Manipur by inviting President Pranab Mukherjee to attend the Khongjom Day on April 23. Addressing the media persons Secretary of Khongjom Battle Memorial Celebration Committee, Ching Tam Luwang said there is a debate on weather the Khongjom War was fought on April 23 or 25 in 1891. He said documents containing the details of the war was submitted to State Archives on June 1, 2014 and a review committee was formed regarding the matter. Ching Tam said Khongjom War was not fought at Kheba Ching in Wangjing. He said inviting President Pranab Mukherjee as Chief Guest to attend the Khongjom Day at Kheba Ching is misleading the President of the country. The President will also inaugurate Mega Tourist Spot at the function. Ching Tam said he will write to the President requesting him not to attend the function.
Khongjom Battle Memorial Celebration Committee will write to the President requesting him not to attend the Khongjom Day on April 23 Featured
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- "SORRY STATE OF COVID VACCINATION IN MANIPUR"
- 29 CURFEW VIOLATORS MADE TO UNDERGO COVID TESTING, 4 TESTED POSITIVE
- 9-YR-OLD MANIPURI GIRL LICYPRIYA SAVES MORE THAN 100 COVID-19 PATIENTS
- Staff of lone state run JNIMS hospital tenders mass resignation against non-implementation of 7th ROP
- A 17 year old boy killed and 7 others injured in a scuffle occurred at Kakwa Naorem Leikai, Imphal
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.