The second 5-day long Kakching Festival mounted by Joint Non-Government Voluntary Organization (JNGVO) Kackhing kicked off yesterday. Members of JNGVO and sports persons took out a torch rally from Krejing to various parts of Kakching spreading the message of the festival. They also made offerings to several religious places for smooth conduct of the festival. Speaking at the function Parliamentary Secretary M Prithiviraj said the state can attract tourists only when the traditional songs and dances are preserved. On the first day of the festival, Kakching football match, Kakching haraoba and Kakchig Musical Nite were held.
Latest from Joyshree Usham
- HIDDEN TALENTS AT MANIPUR’S RELIEF CAMPS
- 2 SUSPECTED KUKI MILITANTS KILLED, 2 NABBED BY MYANMAR ARMY AT NAMPHALONG
- CBI ARRESTS ONE MORE IN TWO-STUDENTS MURDER CASE; SECURITY PERSONNEL WHO HINDERED PRESS FREEDOM WILL BE REPRIMANDED: KULDIEP SINGH
- MSF CELEBRATES SILVER JUBILEE; L. NANDAKUMAR CALLS FOR A BALANCED APPROACH TO EDUCATION
- SECURITY FORCES PREVENT MEDIA PERSONS FROM PERFORMING DUTIES AT SABUNGKHOK KHUNOU
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.