Imphal, 02 February 2017 : Former minister and Thongju MLA Bijoy Koijam has asked the Congress and BJP to stop war of words and instead focus on resolving the UNC's economic blockade. Senior President of Manipur National Democratic Front (MNDF), Bijoy Koijam today termed the failure of the state govt and the Central govt to end the indefinite economic blockade on the national highways as unfortunate. Speaking to media at MNDF Office, at Babupara, Bijoy Koijam maintained that the govt should not allow a handful of persons to hold the lives of several lakhs of people to ransom. He urged the Centre and State Govt to suspend the economic blockade called in violation of the rights of the people. He said the BJP should not have claimed that it would lift the economic blockade if it comes to power. He questioned the BJP if it is going to ignore the sufferings of the people if it is not in power. Meanwhile the Office-Bearers of MNDF Women Front have been appointed. Kshetrimayum Urmila, Huidrom Anita, L. Shilla, Wahengbam Bidyapati have been made president, vice-president, general secretary and secretary respectively.
Bijoy Koijam asks Congress and BJP to stop war of words and focus on resolving UNC's economic blockade
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Staff of lone state run JNIMS hospital tenders mass resignation against non-implementation of 7th ROP
- A 17 year old boy killed and 7 others injured in a scuffle occurred at Kakwa Naorem Leikai, Imphal
- Imphal College Students condemn unregulated transport fare
- Traffic Control Police restricted some routes to ensure smooth observance of “Martyrs Day” 2021
- MP Dr. RK Ranjan walks out of strategy meeting to discuss ways to convert Chanam Sandrok GP into a Model Village
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.