Imphal, 26 January 2017 : The Election Commission has asked political parties and leaders not to use the pictures of President, Vice President and State Governors in their election posters. In a letter to the leaders of political parties, the poll body has asked them to advise their candidates and leaders to desist from such acts in their election campaigns. The Commission said, President, Vice-President and Governors are Constitutional Authorities and are completely apolitical and they should not be associated with any poll campaign. The direction came after recent letter by the President's Secretariat to poll panel about the reports of use of photographs of President Pranab Mukherjee by political parties in Punjab Assembly elections.
Election Commission asks political parties and leaders to not use pictures of President, Vice President and State Governors in their election posters
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Staff of lone state run JNIMS hospital tenders mass resignation against non-implementation of 7th ROP
- A 17 year old boy killed and 7 others injured in a scuffle occurred at Kakwa Naorem Leikai, Imphal
- Imphal College Students condemn unregulated transport fare
- Traffic Control Police restricted some routes to ensure smooth observance of “Martyrs Day” 2021
- MP Dr. RK Ranjan walks out of strategy meeting to discuss ways to convert Chanam Sandrok GP into a Model Village
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.