Imphal, 21 May 2018 ( Evening News ) : Former Chief Minister and Opposition leader, Okram Ibobi has asserted that the day, the Congress and JDS alliance was invited to form Karnataka Government instead of the BJP was the day, the Country's democracy was rescued. Ibobi was speaking to media persons on the sidelines of the 27th death anniversary of former Prime Minister of India, Rajiv Gandhi which is observed across the country as Anti Terrorism Day today. Manipur Pradesh Congress Committee organised the Memorial observance at Congress Bhawan, BT Road. Speaking further, Okram Ibobi termed the incidents subsequent to Karnataka election as very unfortunate for the country. He maintained that terrorism is against society and it has no positive impact in any area. He called on everyone to co-operated in eliminating Terrorism and fulfil the vision of the late Prime Minister and Congress leader of India. The Opposition leader asserted that Congress party believes in peace and harmony. He said that any differences can be resolved through dialogues. Floral tributes were paid at the portrait of late Rajiv Gandhi on the occasion. President of MPCC, TN. Haokip, former deputy Chief Minister Gaikhangam, Lok Sabha MP, A.Thokchom Meinya, Congress MLAs and party leaders took part in the memorial observance.
Opposition leader Ibobi says the day Congress and JDS alliance was invited to form Karnataka Government rescued the Country's democracy
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Media fraternity condole, untimely demise of beloved Impact News Video Editor, Kakchingtabam Bipinchandra, who passed away at the age of 38, late last night
- NAGAMAPAL BOMB BLAST: I/W POLICE ARRESTS 6 INCLUDING NIPCO PREZ
- Vice Chancellor of Manipur University, Professor AP Pandey nullifies leave extended to him; claims resumption of duty
- Suspected plastic eggs scare customers and eatery owner at Moirang Leirak Jiri Parking
- Government suspends all telecom services except voice calls for next five days
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.