Imphal, 18 May 2018 ( Evening News ) : Eight Congress MLAs led by party leaders, former Chief Minister, Okram Ibobi and Deputy Chief Minister, Gaikhangam met Governor-In-Charge of Manipur, Prof. Jagdish Mukhi to stake claim formation of Congress Government in the state today. The meeting was called by the Congress leaders at the wake of swear-in invite by Karnataka Governor to the single Largest party, BJP to form the government in Karnataka. The Congress leaders claimed that the party was the single largest party in Manipur, attaining 28 seats during the 11th Manipur Legislative Assembly last year and so it should have been invited to form the government just like in Karnataka. During the half an hour meeting with the Governor-In-charge, the Congress leaders demanded dismissal of the present BJP government in the state and to give privilege to the congress to form the government. Speaking to media persons after the meeting, Former Chief Minister, Okram Ibobi said that the Governor-In-Charge has been intimated all about the situation that when the Congress with 28 seats missing just 3 seats to attain an absolute majority was rejected , the BJP with merely 21 seats was given the swear-in invite to form the government by the Governor of Manipur. Ibobi lamented that Congress would be ruling the state, if the Governor had then given at least 24 hours or a week to prove the majority. The former Chief Minister further questioned why the congress was not invited to form government in Manipur , when the single largest majority, BJP was given the privilege in Karnataka. Okram Ibobi hoped that the Governor-In-Charge would bring justice to the current Political Crisis in the state.
Single largest party in 11th Manipur Assembly election, Congress meet Governor; stake claim to form Government
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- B.VoC STUDENT FOUND HANGING IN MANIPUR UNIVERSITY HOSTEL ROOM
- Media fraternity condole, untimely demise of beloved Impact News Video Editor, Kakchingtabam Bipinchandra, who passed away at the age of 38, late last night
- NAGAMAPAL BOMB BLAST: I/W POLICE ARRESTS 6 INCLUDING NIPCO PREZ
- Vice Chancellor of Manipur University, Professor AP Pandey nullifies leave extended to him; claims resumption of duty
- Suspected plastic eggs scare customers and eatery owner at Moirang Leirak Jiri Parking
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.