Imphal, 20 March 2017 ( Evening News ) : Leader of Congress Party and former Chief Minister, Okram Ibobi has threatened of retaliations if the newly formed BJP led Govt takes up any actions against the 7 new districts formed for administrative conveniences. Speaking to media persons at the residence of Nambol MLA, Loken at Ghari last evening, Ibobi further said the congress party welcomes the lifting off of the 139 days old economic blockade called against the creation of 7 new districts, however it will bring a bad name to democracy if it is being done for the sake of power with an understanding with the NSCN-IM. He said the congress Govt tried its best while at power to end the blockade and that it has been ended by the BJP led Govt as promised by the Prime Minister in the election campaign. Ibobi questioned if the blockade would have continued if there was no BJP Govt. He said it was not encouraging for the congress party to witness various union ministers camping at Imphal and resorting to horse trading in order to form the Govt by hook or crook.
Former Chief Minister, Okram Ibobi warns the newly formed BJP led Govt to not act against the 7 new districts.
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- 1 person died & 23 injured in a violent clash between two villages
- Newly appointed Minister Oinam Lukhoi hints at exit of NPP ministers from BJP led Coalition State Government if they don't get along
- Deputy CM Y. Joykumar says NPP's stand will be taken along with NPP National President Conrad Sangma upon his arrival
- Ex Minister Karam Shyam says LJP Central Leaders and Advisors of Langthabal will decide whether to support BJP led State government or not
- Dropping of Kangpokpi MLA, Nemcha Kipgen from State Cabinet leads to mass upheavals in Kangpokpi District
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.