Imphal, 02 May 2018 ( Evening News ) : Volunteers of JCILPS students' wing vandalised fruit carts and stalls along the footpath in front of Bheirodian Maxwell Hindi Primary and High School at Dharamshala in Thangal Bazar today. It maybe mentioned that JCILPS student wing had earlier served an ultimatum to vacant the footpath as the business transactions at the fruit stalls disturb the academic atmosphere and also create traffic congestion. Manipur Police personnel tried to contain the situation but was helpless at first. Later, extra police personnel of City Police stormed at the spot and contained the situation and apprehended 50 students including the convenor of JCILPS Students' Wing, Manijit Sarangthem. Speaking to media persons amidst the chaos, Manjit Sarangthem strongly condemned that the non-local illegal fruits vendors are given police protection when aged women folks trying to earn a livelihood were earlier evacuated from the streets of the market. He maintained that the stalls were forcibly demolished since the ultimatum served to the vendors to evacuate the footpath expired today.
Volunteers of JCILPS students' wing vandalise fruit stalls in Thangal Bazar
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Vice Chancellor of Manipur University, Professor AP Pandey nullifies leave extended to him; claims resumption of duty
- Suspected plastic eggs scare customers and eatery owner at Moirang Leirak Jiri Parking
- Government suspends all telecom services except voice calls for next five days
- Government introduces 3 bills on the 1st day of Monsoon Assembly Session
- Government suspends Sub-Inspector of Manipur Police and a Constable for inhumane conducts toward students protestors
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.