Imphal, 27 April 2018 ( Evening News ) : President of United Committee Manipur, UCM, Elangbam Johnson has asserted that reaching a conclusion to the Naga Peace accord between NSCN IM and Government of India without consulting the stake holders including UCM would be an invitation for another upheaval in the state. Johnson also maintained if a common cultural body of Autonomous Naga Territorial Council and the Naga people has to be formed in the state then it has to be under the State Government authority. Speaking to Impact News in connection with the news on Naga Framework Accord that appeared on a National Daily, Indian Express, Johnson expressed astonishment that the news that Naga accord has reached a final stage appeared on the National Daily when it was agreed upon that the CSOs and other stake holders will be consulted before reaching a conclusion to the Framework Agreement. He said it must be explained if it is allowed to bypass the government without establishing a proper structure when regional set up like a territorial council is to be established. Reiterating UCM stand, Johnson maintained that UCM will not tolerate formation of Pan Naga Body within the state territory bypassing the State government and drew the attention of the state Government to be more vigilant in the regard. He said the term State Paramountcy used in connection with the framework has created more confusion.
UCM says reaching a conclusion to Naga Peace Accord bypassing the Stakeholders will be an invitation to another upheaval in the State
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Vice Chancellor of Manipur University, Professor AP Pandey nullifies leave extended to him; claims resumption of duty
- Suspected plastic eggs scare customers and eatery owner at Moirang Leirak Jiri Parking
- Government suspends all telecom services except voice calls for next five days
- Government introduces 3 bills on the 1st day of Monsoon Assembly Session
- Government suspends Sub-Inspector of Manipur Police and a Constable for inhumane conducts toward students protestors
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.