Imphal, 22 March 2018 ( Evening News ) : Joint Administrative Council of All Manipur Trade Unions Council (AMTUC) and All Manipur Government Employees Organisation (AMGEO) has officially launched indefinite cease work strike in all government offices in connection with their demand for implementation of Seven Central Pay commission, today, following their announcement for th strike yesterday. A team led by Secretary General of AMTUC and AMGEO, Laitonjam B.K. halted the employees to carry their works and asked them to move out of their office at DC Complex, Imphal East today. On the other hand, some Government offices looked deserted with few staff on duty today. Speaking on the sidelines, Laitonjam told Impact News that the campaign do not stop employees from coming to office, however, they are appealed to cease work. He maintained that their demand for the implementation of Seven Pay commission has been going on for years, however, the Government has ignored the issue. He said the cease work strike will not be withdrawn until and unless Government takes actions to fulfil their demands. He warned of total shut down of all the Government offices and various intense agitations, if positive responses are not given by the specified dates given to the Government.
Joint Administrative Council of AMTUC and AMGEO launches indefinite cease work strike in all government offices today
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Suspected plastic eggs scare customers and eatery owner at Moirang Leirak Jiri Parking
- Government suspends all telecom services except voice calls for next five days
- Government introduces 3 bills on the 1st day of Monsoon Assembly Session
- Government suspends Sub-Inspector of Manipur Police and a Constable for inhumane conducts toward students protestors
- Five major student organisations AMSU, MSF, SUK, AIMS and KSA resolve to support MUSU's 48 hour general strike
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.