Meiraba Luwang of Manipur settled for silver in the OUE Singapore Youth Badminton International 2014 which was held from 17th to 23rd November. Meiraba lost to Akber M from Indonesia by 18-21, 19-21 in the final. The International Tournament was organized by Singapore Badminton Association under Asia Badminton Confederation (ABC) & International Badminton Federation (IBF). Earlier in the tournament, Meiraba defeated Yong Bing Yan of Malaysia by 21-11, 21-4 in first round. In the 2nd round, he beat Muhmam Muflif of Indonesia by 21-8, 21-5. In pre-quarters, he defeated Ko Shing Hei of Hong Kong by 21-13, 9-21, 21-13 and in quarter final, he edged out Yap Zfe Ming Nigel of Singapore by 21-18, 21-8. In the semi-finals, Meiraba defeated Yap Shai Kuan of Malaysia by 21-19, 21-8 points to enter the finals. Meiraba was the only Indian player to enter the finals of the tournament.
Meiraba Luwang settles for silver in OUE Singapore Youth Badminton International 2014
Latest from Impact TV
- Manipuri Wushu players felicitated
- Chaoba: Sadar Hills will be upgraded to full-fledged district if BJP comes to power
- Dr Harsh Vardhan expresses disappointment at the state of affairs of ISBD
- Manipur to join nation-wide Satyagraha against Modi government
- Union Minister Dr Harsh Vardhan arrives on two-day visit in Imphal
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.