Imphal, 24 February 2017 ( Evening News ) : Political parties have intensified their campaign in different constituencies for the two-phased Assembly elections in the state. Manipur goes to polls on the fourth and eighth of next month. Political heavyweights have been campaigning for their candidates and the state has been witnessing participation of several leaders of the BJP in election rallies in the last few weeks. Senior BJP leaders including Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh, Assam Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal, Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Pema Khandu and North-East Democratic Alliance Convenor Hemanta Biswa Sarma, LJP leader Chirag Paswan. Prime Minister Narendra Modi is arriving tomorrow at Imphal to address a rally at Langjing Achouba ground. It may be recalled that Narendra Modi addressed his first political rally at the same ground during the parliamentary election in 2014. Congress Vice-President Rahul Gandhi is also expected to campaign for the party on the 28th of this month. Meanwhile the Coordinating Committee (CorCom) has imposed total shut down from 6 am on Saturday in connection with the prime minister's visit to Imphal. In a press release yesterday the Corcom asked the people to boycott the visit. The total shut down will remain untill PM Narendra Modi leaves Imphal after campaigning.
Political parties intensify election campaign, PM Modi to speak at a election rally at Langjing Achouba tomorrow
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- A 17 year old boy killed and 7 others injured in a scuffle occurred at Kakwa Naorem Leikai, Imphal
- Imphal College Students condemn unregulated transport fare
- Traffic Control Police restricted some routes to ensure smooth observance of “Martyrs Day” 2021
- MP Dr. RK Ranjan walks out of strategy meeting to discuss ways to convert Chanam Sandrok GP into a Model Village
- Manipur remembers historic Nupi Lal
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.