Imphal, 21 February 2017 ( Evening News ) : Tension erupted in Langthabal constituency last night after the escorts and workers of BJP candidate Okram Joy allegedly frisked and stopped the supporters of MLA Karam Shyam from going to his house. The incident happened in Chajing Awang Leikai, Yumnam mamang around 9pm. Sources said security personnel of MLA Shyam fired several rounds in the blank to control the situation. Talking to media at his residence at Chajing Mairengkhong Karam Shyam alleged that the situation arose after the security personnel and workers of O. Joy stopped the people who were coming to his place. He said it is unfortunate that O. Joy was trying to coerce the people into voting for him. He alleged that the BJP candidate threatened the workers near his house. Karam Shyam said he has filed a report at Singgjamei Police station and wrote to the Election Commission of India.
MLA Karam Shyam accuses Okram Joy of threatening his workers, files complaint to Election Commission
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- "SORRY STATE OF COVID VACCINATION IN MANIPUR"
- 29 CURFEW VIOLATORS MADE TO UNDERGO COVID TESTING, 4 TESTED POSITIVE
- 9-YR-OLD MANIPURI GIRL LICYPRIYA SAVES MORE THAN 100 COVID-19 PATIENTS
- Staff of lone state run JNIMS hospital tenders mass resignation against non-implementation of 7th ROP
- A 17 year old boy killed and 7 others injured in a scuffle occurred at Kakwa Naorem Leikai, Imphal
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.