Imphal, 03 January 2017 ( Evening News ) : The Union Home Ministry will provide around 85,000 security personnel for deployment in the upcoming assembly elections in five states, including politically crucial Uttar Pradesh. At a high-level meeting with the Election Commission today, top officials of the Ministry led by Union Home Secretary Rajiv Mehrishi conveyed that it would provide around 750 companies of paramilitary forces for smooth conduct of the election process in the five states. In addition, around 100 companies, most of which are belonging to State Armed Police Forces and India Reserve Battalions, will also be drawn from different states for deployment of election duties. This was conveyed to the Election Commission after the poll body asked the Home Ministry to make available one lakh personnel for deployment during the Assembly elections expected to be held in next two months. Assembly elections in Punjab, Uttarakhand, Goa and Manipur are expected to be held in single phase while in Uttar Pradesh it is likely to be multi-phased.
Centre will provide around 85,000 security personnel for the upcoming assembly elections in five states including Manipur
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Staff of lone state run JNIMS hospital tenders mass resignation against non-implementation of 7th ROP
- A 17 year old boy killed and 7 others injured in a scuffle occurred at Kakwa Naorem Leikai, Imphal
- Imphal College Students condemn unregulated transport fare
- Traffic Control Police restricted some routes to ensure smooth observance of “Martyrs Day” 2021
- MP Dr. RK Ranjan walks out of strategy meeting to discuss ways to convert Chanam Sandrok GP into a Model Village
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.