Imphal, 28 December 2016 ( Evening News ) : Chief Minister, Okram Ibobi has stated that it is because of the congress party that India is being recognised worldwide. He made this statement on the occasion of the 131st foundation day of Indian National Congress at the Annexe Hall of Manipur Pradesh Congress Committee on BT Road. He further stated that congress is not a power hungry party. People are aware of the work party has done for the nation before and after the independence. Ibobi said, a change in Manipur was also brought by the congress and not other parties who are hungry for power. Speaking on the occasion, deputy chief minister, Gaikhangam asserted that the congress is a people's party and that the BJP Govt in the centre has weakened. The event is being organised by Manipur Pradesh Congress Committee. Ministers, MLAs, office bearers, leaders of district Block Congress Committee, members and workers of congress attended the event. Veteran Politician, Rishang Keishing was honoured with gifts at the event. District and Block Congress Committee members were also honoured at the event. A two minutes silence was observed in respect of the deceased members of the party
Manipur Pradesh Congress Committee observes the 131st foundation day of Indian National Congress; Ibobi credits the congress for a changed Manipur.
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Staff of lone state run JNIMS hospital tenders mass resignation against non-implementation of 7th ROP
- A 17 year old boy killed and 7 others injured in a scuffle occurred at Kakwa Naorem Leikai, Imphal
- Imphal College Students condemn unregulated transport fare
- Traffic Control Police restricted some routes to ensure smooth observance of “Martyrs Day” 2021
- MP Dr. RK Ranjan walks out of strategy meeting to discuss ways to convert Chanam Sandrok GP into a Model Village
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.