Imphal, 11 December 2016 ( Evening News ) : Chief Minister Okram Ibobi once again reiterated that the creation of 7 new districts has nothing to do with the upcoming assembly elections. Speaking at the inaugural function of the 33/11 KV Sub Station and a Community Hall at Kakching, Okram Ibobi said the Govt wishes to ensure that the District Head Quarters are easily accessible to the people. He clarified that due to other pending projects, the govt could not announce the creation of the new districts earlier. The chief minister said it is baseless to charge the Govt with not consulting the stake holders before creation of these districts. He said such decisions are not made in a public forum. The creation of new districts is to ensure development in both the hills and the valley and for better administration. O. Ibobi said there will be peace and harmony when both the hills and valley are equally developed. The newly inaugurated Sub Station at Kakhing Mahadev was constructed under the Restructured Accelerated Power Development and Reforms Programme (R-APDRP), by the Ministry of Power.
Chief Minister Okram Ibobi says creation of new districts has nothing to do with the upcoming assembly polls
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Staff of lone state run JNIMS hospital tenders mass resignation against non-implementation of 7th ROP
- A 17 year old boy killed and 7 others injured in a scuffle occurred at Kakwa Naorem Leikai, Imphal
- Imphal College Students condemn unregulated transport fare
- Traffic Control Police restricted some routes to ensure smooth observance of “Martyrs Day” 2021
- MP Dr. RK Ranjan walks out of strategy meeting to discuss ways to convert Chanam Sandrok GP into a Model Village
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.