Imphal, 09 September 2016 ( Evening News ) : Deputy Chief Minister Gaikhangam today asserted that govt can call a special session of the Assembly even before September 21 if there is a consensus on the bill to protect indigenous people of the state. Gaikhangam also said the only business left for the Assembly is the Bill for the protection of the indigenous people. But the govt is still waiting for a consensus on the draft bill as there is an apprehension of similar outcry if the govt go ahead and pass a bill not accepted by all the stakeholders. Mention may be made that JCILPS has been demanding a special session of the Assembly by September 21 to pass the bill for the protection of the indigenous people of Manipur.
Deputy Chief Minister Gaikhangam today asserted that govt can call a special session of the Assembly even before September 21
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Suspected plastic eggs scare customers and eatery owner at Moirang Leirak Jiri Parking
- Government suspends all telecom services except voice calls for next five days
- Government introduces 3 bills on the 1st day of Monsoon Assembly Session
- Government suspends Sub-Inspector of Manipur Police and a Constable for inhumane conducts toward students protestors
- Five major student organisations AMSU, MSF, SUK, AIMS and KSA resolve to support MUSU's 48 hour general strike
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.