Imphal, 09 July 2018 ( Evening News ) : Manipur Pradesh Congress Committee has asserted that the Indo-Myanmar International boundary issue at Kwatha Khunnou can only be resolved when re-survey and re-demarcation are carried out as per the agreement signed between the Governments of the two Nations on March 10, 1967. The Party appealed to make representatives of the State Government and villagers on the border area participate in the boundary demarcation and field verification to be carried out in Manipur Sector. Speaking to media persons at Congress Bhavan, BT Road today, leader of Congress Legislature Party, Okram Ibobi said, the Congress party stands firm that the territorial integrity of the State can never be compromised. He appealed to the Present State Government to resurvey the border area along with the villagers and that it will be a right step to demarcate the boundary when it is clear that not even a single inch of land is lost. He mentioned that representatives of former Congress Government including himself and Dr. Suresh Babu who was then Additional Secretary Home, held several meetings with representatives of the Ministry of External Affairs and Survey General of India on Indo-Myanmar border issue. Ibobi recalled that the boundary fencing of 10 kilometre stretch of the Indo-Myanmar was put on halt after some CSOs raised complaints on land encroachment by Myanmar.
CLP leader, Okram Ibobi urges government for re-survey and re-demarcation of border area as per 1967 agreement signed
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- B.VoC STUDENT FOUND HANGING IN MANIPUR UNIVERSITY HOSTEL ROOM
- Media fraternity condole, untimely demise of beloved Impact News Video Editor, Kakchingtabam Bipinchandra, who passed away at the age of 38, late last night
- NAGAMAPAL BOMB BLAST: I/W POLICE ARRESTS 6 INCLUDING NIPCO PREZ
- Vice Chancellor of Manipur University, Professor AP Pandey nullifies leave extended to him; claims resumption of duty
- Suspected plastic eggs scare customers and eatery owner at Moirang Leirak Jiri Parking
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.