Imphal, 11 August 2017 ( Evening News ) : The tripartite talks between the govt of India, govt of Manipur and united Naga council, UNC is in progress in Senapati district headquarters. The talks are being held at the DRDA Hall. The last talks was held in May and the talks held for the first time after the BJP govt came to power in Manipur could not resolve the issues regarding the creation of 7 new districts. Today's talks are expected to focus on the creation of the 7 new districts. The talks began at 11 am. Special Secretary Home, North East in-charge Satyendra Garg is representing the Government of India. IFCD Minister V. Hangkhalian, Education Minister, Th. Radheshyam, Tribal Affairs Minister, N. Kayisii, Additional Chief Secretary Home Dr. Suresh Babu and IPR commissioner, K. Radhakumar are representing the govt of Manipur. The United Naga Council, UNC is led by President, Gaidon Kamei. A large of people blocked the road at Kangpokpi Bazar demanding non withdrawal of the new districts and submitted a memorandum to Ministers Hangkhalian and Radheshyam who were on their way to Senapati to attend the tripartite talks.
Tripartite talks between Centre, govt of Manipur and UNC in progress in Senapati district headquarters
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Vice Chancellor of Manipur University, Professor AP Pandey nullifies leave extended to him; claims resumption of duty
- Suspected plastic eggs scare customers and eatery owner at Moirang Leirak Jiri Parking
- Government suspends all telecom services except voice calls for next five days
- Government introduces 3 bills on the 1st day of Monsoon Assembly Session
- Government suspends Sub-Inspector of Manipur Police and a Constable for inhumane conducts toward students protestors
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.