Imphal, 28 September 2020 ( Evening News ) : Today is the last day for hearing the election petition filed against Minister Okram Henry challenging his victory in the 2017 State general elections. Justice of the High Court of Manipur MV Murlidharan will preside over the case. The petition was filed by Okram Henry's contender in the 2017 election from Wangkhei Assembly Constituency Yungkham Irabot. In his election petition filed at the High Court, Yungkham Irabot claimed misconduct in declaring the 2017 election's result. Owing to this pending court case, it is still unconfirmed whether the Election Commission of India, ECI will approve conduction of by-election this November to fill up the vacant MLA seat of Wangkhei Assembly Constituency.
Last hearing on election petition filed against Minister Okram Henry challenging his victory in 2017 elections listed today in High Court of Manipur
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- New COVID-19 SOP has been drafted to combat coronavirus pandemic in Manipur : Chief Minister Nongthombam Biren
- CM Nongthombam Biren urges people of Wangoi Assembly constituency not to waste their votes on uncertain candidates
- 6 Student Bodies AMSU, DESAM, KSA, AIMS, MSF and SUK slam Chief Minister N Biren of flouting COVID-19 SOPs during By-Election rallies
- State Government is mulling of imposing total lockdowns to curb spread of coronavirus in wake of escalating COVID-19 cases : CM
- Serum Institute of India says 200 to 300 million of Covid-19 vaccine doses may be ready In india by December end
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.