Imphal, 21 May 2018 ( Evening News ) : Women Vendors of Khawairamband Ima Market along with members of several Civil Society Organisations staged a sit-in and held a Public Meeting against the Statement made by Interlocutor RN Ravi regarding the Framework Agreement between NSCN(IM) and Government of India that appeared on National Media. The organisations maintained that they cannot accept the formation of Autonomous Naga Territorial Council and Common Naga Cultural Body in Manipur which the Interlocutor stated on National Dailies, The Indian Express on April 26 with regard to the final stage of the Framework Agreement. The Protestors maintained that it will affect the Unity and Integrity of the State to a great extent. Khwairamband Apunba Ima keithal, All Manipur United Club’s Organsation, AMUCO, United Committee Manipur, UCM and CCSK jointly organised the Protest Cum Public Meeting. Speaking to media persons, President of AMUCO, Ph. Deban said the Government of India has been applying the Divide & Rule Policy ever since Manipur became part of the Indian Union to bring disunity and animosity among the Communities of the State. He asserted that it is high time people of the all the Communities co-existing in the State since time immemorial to jointly face anything that challenges the integrity of the State. Deben maintained that the Naga accord should not bring any changes in Manipur but the conclusion to the Naga Accord should be brought in Nagaland alone. He reiterated that Territorial, Historical and Political Status of Manipur will not be compromised at any cost. Several placards were displayed at the sit-in.
Women vendors of Ima Market say no to formation of Autonomous Naga Territorial Council and Common Naga Cultural Body in Manipur by staging a Sit-In
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Media fraternity condole, untimely demise of beloved Impact News Video Editor, Kakchingtabam Bipinchandra, who passed away at the age of 38, late last night
- NAGAMAPAL BOMB BLAST: I/W POLICE ARRESTS 6 INCLUDING NIPCO PREZ
- Vice Chancellor of Manipur University, Professor AP Pandey nullifies leave extended to him; claims resumption of duty
- Suspected plastic eggs scare customers and eatery owner at Moirang Leirak Jiri Parking
- Government suspends all telecom services except voice calls for next five days
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.