Imphal, 11 May 2018 ( Evening News ) : Chief Minister, Nongthombam Biren has inaugurated the State level Annual Tribal Cultural Festival 2018 today. The Chief Minister appealed to the organiser not to organise the festival just for the sake of it but to organise a substantial and meaningful one. The 2 day Festival organised by Tribal Research Institute under the aegis of Ministry of Tribal Affairs, Government of India under the theme “Tribal Cultural for Peace & Unity” kicked off at TRI Complex in Chingmeirong. Speaking at the inaugural event, the Chief Minister stated that 34 tribal Communities in the State have their own culture and identity. He said the culture and identities of the different communities form a united identity of Manipur and as such stressed the importance to organise such festival in a grand manner. He said necessary steps will be taken by consulting officials concerned of Tribal Affairs of North Eastern States and Art & Culture Department of the State to celebrate the festival elaborately. Biren also maintained that People of the State are not only good at Sports and known for its Culture but also bring laurels to the Country in various academic fields. The Chief Minister also reiterated that “Go to village” Mission of the State Government will cover all the villages in 60 constituencies of the State. Functional President of the Festival, Tribal Affairs Minister, N. Kayisii said the society can be strengthen and will be more developed when the tribal communities protect their cultural identity. Several Ministers, MLAs, Members of ADCs attended the inaugural event.
Chief Minister, Biren inaugurates State level Annual Tribal Cultural Festival 2018
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Vice Chancellor of Manipur University, Professor AP Pandey nullifies leave extended to him; claims resumption of duty
- Suspected plastic eggs scare customers and eatery owner at Moirang Leirak Jiri Parking
- Government suspends all telecom services except voice calls for next five days
- Government introduces 3 bills on the 1st day of Monsoon Assembly Session
- Government suspends Sub-Inspector of Manipur Police and a Constable for inhumane conducts toward students protestors
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.