Imphal, 10 April 2018 ( Evening News ) : Agitations intensified at Sagolmang against shifting of the site for construction of Imphal East District Hospital. At least four women agitators were injured from tear gas shells and smoke bombs by police when a large number of people especially women folks took out protest rally around 11 this morning in Sagolmang. The protestors burnt up tyres and blocked the roads passing through Sagolmang PHC Gate, Sagolmang Market, Lambui Village and Khewa Market. Top Police Officials of Imphal East District including women personnel tried to contain the situation. They resorted to smoke bombs and tear gas shells for the same as agitations intensified. The injured persons are identified as one Nandeibam Ibeyaima Leima, 51 years, wife of N. Gokunchand from Yumnam Patlou, Loukhram Memithoibi, 51 years, wife of L. Naba from Sagolmang Awang Leikai, Tekcham Sunibala Leima, 33 years, wife of T Safaba @ Bamboy of Khewa Kampany and Yunman Jannaki, 40 years, daughter of Y Ningthemjao from Khewa Kampany. They are under treatment at Sagolmang CHC. Though the situation was brought under control for a while, the agitators regathered and took out yet another protest rally in Khundrakpam constituency around noon from Sagolmang Market to Pangei Market chanting slogans against the shifting of the site for construction of Imphal East District Hospital from Sagolmang in Khundrakpam constituency to Kyamgei in Keirao constituency. It maybe mentioned that the foundation stone for the construction of District Hospital was laid at Sagolmang in 2011 after which the Government relocated the construction site to Kyamgei in Keirao constituency citing land disputes at the former site.
Police disperse agitators over relocation of Imphal East District Hospital at Sagolmang; at least 4 agitators injured
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Media fraternity condole, untimely demise of beloved Impact News Video Editor, Kakchingtabam Bipinchandra, who passed away at the age of 38, late last night
- NAGAMAPAL BOMB BLAST: I/W POLICE ARRESTS 6 INCLUDING NIPCO PREZ
- Vice Chancellor of Manipur University, Professor AP Pandey nullifies leave extended to him; claims resumption of duty
- Suspected plastic eggs scare customers and eatery owner at Moirang Leirak Jiri Parking
- Government suspends all telecom services except voice calls for next five days
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.