Imphal, 05 April 2018 ( Evening News ) : Cleaning of Thongangbi canal in Langdum began today after a gap of 24 years. Addressing media persons, MLA Keirao Constituency, Lourembam Rameshwor asserted that cleaning up the bed of the canal will facilitate around 31 acres of paddy fields. Rameshwor maintained that the unattended condition of the canal stretching about 7 KM from Langdum to Chanam Sandrok in Keirao Constituency has been causing inundation of the surrounding agricultural farms and houses during monsoons. Flood waters from the paddy fields in Thongangbi can now be easily drained in the canal with the cleaning of its bed. He also assured that the mini Tronglaobi barrage connecting Thongangbi canal and Iril river will be repaired by next year.
Cleaning of Thongangbi canal in Langdum began today after a gap of 24 years
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Suspected plastic eggs scare customers and eatery owner at Moirang Leirak Jiri Parking
- Government suspends all telecom services except voice calls for next five days
- Government introduces 3 bills on the 1st day of Monsoon Assembly Session
- Government suspends Sub-Inspector of Manipur Police and a Constable for inhumane conducts toward students protestors
- Five major student organisations AMSU, MSF, SUK, AIMS and KSA resolve to support MUSU's 48 hour general strike
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.