Imphal, 17 March 2018 ( Evening News ) : Chief Engineer of Minor Irrigation department has cited inconveniences brought on by the lack of cooperations among various departments of the state government. Responding to Impact News query on the condition of Ningthibi khong in Lilong Nungei, during a media interaction held at DIPR complex in Moirangkhom today in continuance of DIPR’s series of press meets with officials of state’s departments to aware the public on various welfare projects undertaken by the Departments, Chief Engineer of Minor Irrigation Department, L. Gourakishore stated that when the Minor Irrigation department was trying to repair Shutters of Ningthibo Khong affected by the floods, another department was already on it. The Chief Engineer’s later responses to Impact News Query highlighted communication barrier between the Water Resources department and the Minor Irrigation department while addressing flood affected victims’ grievances. He maintained that miscommunication between departments hinders works, however the departments have now started working in co-operation to accomplish various developmental projects. The Chief Engineer also briefed the media on various developmental projects undertaken by the department during the meet including 557 schemes of PMKSY undertaken for 16 districts of the state, and efforts to install 2 rain water harvesting projects each in Churachandpur, Ukhrul, Senapati, Chandel and Tamengnlong Districts. Gourakishore stated that sand quarrying and destruction of irrigation related structures due to unmindful acts of the people caused much inconveniences to the Minor Irrigation department especially in providing irrigation to paddy fields.
Minor Irrigation department says lack of co-operations among various departments of the State hinders developmental works
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Media fraternity condole, untimely demise of beloved Impact News Video Editor, Kakchingtabam Bipinchandra, who passed away at the age of 38, late last night
- NAGAMAPAL BOMB BLAST: I/W POLICE ARRESTS 6 INCLUDING NIPCO PREZ
- Vice Chancellor of Manipur University, Professor AP Pandey nullifies leave extended to him; claims resumption of duty
- Suspected plastic eggs scare customers and eatery owner at Moirang Leirak Jiri Parking
- Government suspends all telecom services except voice calls for next five days
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.