Imphal, 23 November 2017 ( Evening News ) : Laser show and boat torch rally highlighting the life of fishing community of the Loktak lake enthraled the visitors on the second day of the Sangai festival in Moirang yesterday. The torch rally on boats was held at Takmu in Loktak. Speaking at the Lakeview Cultural show, Consumer Affairs Food and Public Distribution Minister Karam Shyam asserted that the State has witnessed visible improvement in law and order situation and development in basic infrastructure accelerating growth in Tourism sector. Minister Shyam also stated that Manipur Sangai Festival offers a glimpse into the rich cultures and traditions of Manipur. He stated that the cultural diversity, history of age old civilization, beautiful historical places, heritage sites and beautiful landscapes makes the State a unique natural tourist destination. The minister mentioned that a huge investment is needed to tap the potentials. He appealed to large business houses particularly from outside the State to invest and take advantage of the huge potential in tourism, real estate and hospitality sectors. Karam Shyam also disclosed that the Government is working on a large number of tourism projects with financial assistance from the Centre. Song and dance performances including performance by popular Manipuri folk singer Mangka Mayanglambam mesmerised the audience.
Laser show and boat torch rally on Loktak lake highlighting the lifestyle of fishing community
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Media fraternity condole, untimely demise of beloved Impact News Video Editor, Kakchingtabam Bipinchandra, who passed away at the age of 38, late last night
- NAGAMAPAL BOMB BLAST: I/W POLICE ARRESTS 6 INCLUDING NIPCO PREZ
- Vice Chancellor of Manipur University, Professor AP Pandey nullifies leave extended to him; claims resumption of duty
- Suspected plastic eggs scare customers and eatery owner at Moirang Leirak Jiri Parking
- Government suspends all telecom services except voice calls for next five days
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.