Imphal, 22 October 2017 ( Evening News ) : Locals today repaired the breached bank of the Imphal river at Singjamei Tekhao Sapam Leikai pat road. This river breached its bank in the area a week ago and the situation worsened as the water level rose following incessant rain. The bank collapsed further due to the incessant rain which lashed the state since last afternoon. Residents of the locality came out since early morning after the water level increased to repair the bank. They used bamboos, earth and other available items to block the water. Speaker Y. Khemchand’s wife, Joybala Yumnam also visited the site. The speaker is out of town. General Secretary of Social Environment Development Organisation (SEDO), S. Devan said the road collapsed since last week. He said the absence of a retaining wall and good road has caused a lot of inconveniences to the people. Devan lamented that no actions have been taken so far despite their repeated requests to the department. He appealed to all departments concerned to look into the matter at the earliest.
People repair bank of Imphal River at Singjamei
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Vice Chancellor of Manipur University, Professor AP Pandey nullifies leave extended to him; claims resumption of duty
- Suspected plastic eggs scare customers and eatery owner at Moirang Leirak Jiri Parking
- Government suspends all telecom services except voice calls for next five days
- Government introduces 3 bills on the 1st day of Monsoon Assembly Session
- Government suspends Sub-Inspector of Manipur Police and a Constable for inhumane conducts toward students protestors
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.