Imphal, 14 October 2017 ( Evening News ) : 7 Manipuri footballers who were part of the Indian team in FIFA Under-17 Boys World Cup returned home today to a rousing welcome at the Imphal International Airport. Although India lost to USA, Colombia and Ghana in the Group-A matches, it will go down in the history as India debuted in the Fifa Under-17 Boys World Cup for the first time. Football fans across the globe were thrilled with their performances. It may be recalled that Dheeraj Singh Moirangthem (Goal Keeper), Boris Thangjam (Defender), Amarjit Kiyam (Mid Fielder-Captain), Jeakson Thounaojam (Mid Fielder), Md Shah Jahan (Mid Fielder), Nongdamba Naorem (Mid Fielder), Suresh Wangjam (Mid Fielder) and Ningthoinganba Meitei (Mid Fielder) were part of the Indian squad.
7 Manipuri footballers who represented India at FIFA Under 17 return home to a rousing welcome at Imphal airport
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Vice Chancellor of Manipur University, Professor AP Pandey nullifies leave extended to him; claims resumption of duty
- Suspected plastic eggs scare customers and eatery owner at Moirang Leirak Jiri Parking
- Government suspends all telecom services except voice calls for next five days
- Government introduces 3 bills on the 1st day of Monsoon Assembly Session
- Government suspends Sub-Inspector of Manipur Police and a Constable for inhumane conducts toward students protestors
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.