Imphal, 18 April 2017 ( Evening News ) : The state govt will generate 105 mega watt of electricity from solar energy. As part of Government of India’s target to generate one lakh Mega Watt Power from Solar Energy, the Government of Manipur is prepared to generate 105 Mega watt from solar energy. The Government in collaboration with National Hydro Electric Power Corporation has decided to set up a 50 Mega Watt solar power plant in Manipur. It has also taken the necessary measures to set up Roof Top Solar Energy as well as a unique solar park in Manipur. It may be mentioned that the officials of the govt led by the Chief Secretary and officials of National Hydro Electrical Power Corporation (NHEPC) visited Yaithibi Loukol in Thoubal District to see the site for the proposed 50 Mega Watt Solar Plant but the site was later rejected as it is low lying and hilly shade. Chief Secretary, O. Nabakishore said the solar Energy Power Plant will be set up at a suitable site within 6 months.
Manipur govt to generate 105 mega watt from solar energy, to set up solar energy plant in six months
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Media fraternity condole, untimely demise of beloved Impact News Video Editor, Kakchingtabam Bipinchandra, who passed away at the age of 38, late last night
- NAGAMAPAL BOMB BLAST: I/W POLICE ARRESTS 6 INCLUDING NIPCO PREZ
- Vice Chancellor of Manipur University, Professor AP Pandey nullifies leave extended to him; claims resumption of duty
- Suspected plastic eggs scare customers and eatery owner at Moirang Leirak Jiri Parking
- Government suspends all telecom services except voice calls for next five days
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.