Imphal, 07 March 2017 ( Evening News ) : The stage is set for the second and last phase of the 11th Manipur assembly elections tomorrow. Voters in 22 constituencies will decide the fate of 98 candidates including congress heavyweights chief minister Okram Ibobi, deputy chief minister Gaikhangam and first time candidate Irom Chanu Sharmila of Peoples' Resurgence and Justice Alliance, PRJA. The 22 constituencies are spread across 5 districts including Thoubal, Ukhrul, Chandel, Tamenglong and Senapati. The voting will start at 7 AM at 1,151 polling stations amid tight security. The Election Commission has deployed 280 companies of central forces for peaceful, free and fair conduct of the elections. The elections in Manipur this time are billed as a crucial test for the 15-year-old Congress regime which is facing a stiff challenge from the BJP. The other important issues exercising the minds of voters are the alleged lack of development, massive corruption, misappropriation of funds and worsening law and order situation in the state. Counting of votes will be done on Saturday.
Voters to decide fate of 98 candidates including CM, Deputy CM and Irom Sharmila in the 2nd phase of Manipur assembly elections tomorrow
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- "SORRY STATE OF COVID VACCINATION IN MANIPUR"
- 29 CURFEW VIOLATORS MADE TO UNDERGO COVID TESTING, 4 TESTED POSITIVE
- 9-YR-OLD MANIPURI GIRL LICYPRIYA SAVES MORE THAN 100 COVID-19 PATIENTS
- Staff of lone state run JNIMS hospital tenders mass resignation against non-implementation of 7th ROP
- A 17 year old boy killed and 7 others injured in a scuffle occurred at Kakwa Naorem Leikai, Imphal
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.