BJP demanded the state government to produce a white paper on the fund meant for the renovation of Khuman Lampak Sports Complex within five days. Speaking at a press meet at its office at Nityaipat Chuthek, BJP Manipur Pradesh President,Th Chaoba, expressed the apprehension that the state govt has misappropriated Rs 100 crore released under 13th Finance Commission for renovation of Khuman Lampak Sports Complex. He said renovation work for the Complex was entrusted with Manipur Development Society instead of giving it to the experts. He asked the govt to publish a white paper and demanded a CBI enquiry into the work. Th Chaoba also demanded that Manipur government should make an attempt to start classes for the session 2014-15 at the SAI Centres before the construction of the Sports University begins. Opining that the pace at which the govt is working on ILP system in Manipur is rather slow Chaoba said govt should try to present a bill in the winter session of the state assembly.
BJP Manipur accuses govt of misappropriating funds for repair of Khuman Lampak Sports Complex
Latest from Joyshree Usham
- HIDDEN TALENTS AT MANIPUR’S RELIEF CAMPS
- 2 SUSPECTED KUKI MILITANTS KILLED, 2 NABBED BY MYANMAR ARMY AT NAMPHALONG
- CBI ARRESTS ONE MORE IN TWO-STUDENTS MURDER CASE; SECURITY PERSONNEL WHO HINDERED PRESS FREEDOM WILL BE REPRIMANDED: KULDIEP SINGH
- MSF CELEBRATES SILVER JUBILEE; L. NANDAKUMAR CALLS FOR A BALANCED APPROACH TO EDUCATION
- SECURITY FORCES PREVENT MEDIA PERSONS FROM PERFORMING DUTIES AT SABUNGKHOK KHUNOU
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.