Imphal, 21 February 2017 ( Evening News ) : In the first attack on a candidate in the 11th assembly elections, Deputy Chief minister Gaikhangam was ambushed by unidentified gunmen in Thingkhongjang Village in Noney district. The ambushed this morning around 8.30 am in Thingkhongjang village, 6 km of Khoupum. The deputy chief minister was on his way to his residence in Gaidimjang in Khoupum to hoist the party's flag in connection with the 11th assembly elections. However there was no report of casualty from the site of the incident. Gaikhangam was safely escorted till Gaidimjang in a bullet proof vehicle. We just got the report that one IRB rifleman was injured when unidentified gunmen fired at security personnel who were on duty in Nungkaolong in Khoupum part 3. The incident occurred in the afternoon around 12.30 pm. He is identified as Yumnam Jenish from Thangmeiband Sinam Leikai. He was injured in the right thigh.
In the first attack on candidate in the 11th assembly elections, gunmen ambush Gaikhangam in Thingkhongjang in Noney district
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Media fraternity condole, untimely demise of beloved Impact News Video Editor, Kakchingtabam Bipinchandra, who passed away at the age of 38, late last night
- NAGAMAPAL BOMB BLAST: I/W POLICE ARRESTS 6 INCLUDING NIPCO PREZ
- Vice Chancellor of Manipur University, Professor AP Pandey nullifies leave extended to him; claims resumption of duty
- Suspected plastic eggs scare customers and eatery owner at Moirang Leirak Jiri Parking
- Government suspends all telecom services except voice calls for next five days
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.