Imphal, 25 July 2016 ( Evening News) : Manipur Police busted two gangs, one involved in staged kidnapping and another involved making Bank Pass Book and AADHAAR card under fake identities. Police arrested 8 persons including two NSCN-IM cadres and a woman and seized fake documents, mobile phones, cash and arms used in running the rackets. Speaking to media persons at Imphal Police Station, Imphal West SP AK Jhaljit said the police initiated an investigation after receiving a complaint from a Nationalised Bank on July 19 and confiscated a large amount of documents and other materials from two shops located at Thangal Bazaar. Police arrested 4 persons in connection with the racket and hunting for Thoudam Prasanta of Wangoi Thoudam Leikai. SP AK Jhaljit said police during the investigation of a complaint filed at Singjamei Police Station on kidnapping case found it to be staged kidnapping carried out by some miscreants to earn money. Four persons including 2 NSCN-IM cadres are arrested in the case and search is on for some others involved in the case.
Police busts 2 gangs involved in fake kidnapping and making fake Bank Pass Book, AADHAAR cards; 8 persons including 2 NSCN-IM cadres held
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- B.VoC STUDENT FOUND HANGING IN MANIPUR UNIVERSITY HOSTEL ROOM
- Media fraternity condole, untimely demise of beloved Impact News Video Editor, Kakchingtabam Bipinchandra, who passed away at the age of 38, late last night
- NAGAMAPAL BOMB BLAST: I/W POLICE ARRESTS 6 INCLUDING NIPCO PREZ
- Vice Chancellor of Manipur University, Professor AP Pandey nullifies leave extended to him; claims resumption of duty
- Suspected plastic eggs scare customers and eatery owner at Moirang Leirak Jiri Parking
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.