Imphal, 22 June 2016 ( Evening News) : A rickshaw puller alleged that a Sub-Inspector of Manipur Police assaulted him over fare. The incident occurred at Keishampat Thiyam Leikai this morning around 9.30. The rickshaw puller is identified as Kangabam Amutombi, 42, son of late Gopal from Charangpat Laxmi Keithel, Thoubal presently using a rickshaw owned by RK Nanao of Moirangkhom Janmasthan. Recalling the incident Amutombi said while he was at Keishampat Lairembi, a woman asked him to drop her at Keishampat Thiyam Leikai. On reaching the destination, the woman gave Rs 10 which actually should be Rs 20. The woman said she will get Rs 10 from her house and went inside. Minutes later, the SI in plainclothes came out and verbally abused him. Amutombi then requested the SI not to use such languages. The SI along with some persons then started assaulting him alleging that he was intoxicated. Speaking to media Amutombi condemned the incident and appealed not to repeat such act on daily wage earners who are working to make ends meet.
Rickshaw puller accuses police sub-inspector of assaulting him over fare at Keishampat Thiyam Leikai
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Vice Chancellor of Manipur University, Professor AP Pandey nullifies leave extended to him; claims resumption of duty
- Suspected plastic eggs scare customers and eatery owner at Moirang Leirak Jiri Parking
- Government suspends all telecom services except voice calls for next five days
- Government introduces 3 bills on the 1st day of Monsoon Assembly Session
- Government suspends Sub-Inspector of Manipur Police and a Constable for inhumane conducts toward students protestors
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.