Imphal, 01 June 2021 (Evening News ) : "Manipur Police is leaving no stone unturned to curb the second or even probably the third wave of COVID-19 pandemic in the state. Active cases have risen above 1000 mark twice and it was 869 yesterday. As a part of the aggressive mass Covid testing drive launched by Chief Minister Nongthombam Biren in the state today, police nabbed curfew violators and conducted COVID testing upon them. Violators were made to pay fines and RAT Covid tests were conducted upon them by health officials on the spot. Singjamei Police team under the supervision of Additional SP Th. Bidyapati along with doctors and other health workers of State Health Deparment carried out Covid testing drive upon curfew violators at Singjamei Chinga Crossing amid this morning's drizzle. Rapid Antigent Tests to detect COVID-19 were conducted upon 29 lockdown violators out of which 4 including a woman tested positive for COVID-19. Police said, those who tested positive for COVID-19 will be issued fines and then take them to Covid Care Centres while those found negative will be slapped with fines for violating curfew restrictions. Police is serious about conducting similar drive at various parts of the city.
29 CURFEW VIOLATORS MADE TO UNDERGO COVID TESTING, 4 TESTED POSITIVE
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- "SORRY STATE OF COVID VACCINATION IN MANIPUR"
- 9-YR-OLD MANIPURI GIRL LICYPRIYA SAVES MORE THAN 100 COVID-19 PATIENTS
- Staff of lone state run JNIMS hospital tenders mass resignation against non-implementation of 7th ROP
- A 17 year old boy killed and 7 others injured in a scuffle occurred at Kakwa Naorem Leikai, Imphal
- Imphal College Students condemn unregulated transport fare
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.