Imphal, 11 December 2020 ( Evening News ) : Chief Minister Nongthombam Biren today assured that necessary arrangements are underway to conduct Autonomous District Council elections in the near future. He was speaking to Impact News on the sidelines of handing over 3 vehicle each to 6 ADCs of the State. Chief Minister N. Biren, Tribal Affairs & Hills Minister Vungjagin Valte and relevant Department officials were present on the occasion. The Chief Minister said that State Cabinet had already decided regarding ADC elections, however conduction of the election has been delayed owing to coronavirus pandemic coupled with lack of awareness on COVID-19 SOPs by villagers in the interior areas of the hills districts. Stating that possibility of getting coronavirus vaccine in the near future is high, the Chief Minister assured that the election will be conducted once the pandemic subsides. It maybe mentioned that All Tribal Students' Union Manipur ATSUM has already warned to resume their deferred agitations if the ADC election is not conducted at the earliest.
CENTRE APPROVES NEW MEDICAL COLLEGE IN CHURACHANDPUR: CM BIREN SINGH
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Staff of lone state run JNIMS hospital tenders mass resignation against non-implementation of 7th ROP
- A 17 year old boy killed and 7 others injured in a scuffle occurred at Kakwa Naorem Leikai, Imphal
- Imphal College Students condemn unregulated transport fare
- Traffic Control Police restricted some routes to ensure smooth observance of “Martyrs Day” 2021
- MP Dr. RK Ranjan walks out of strategy meeting to discuss ways to convert Chanam Sandrok GP into a Model Village
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.