Imphal, 22 November 2020 ( Evening News ) : 3.5 Collective strongly condemned the incident, which went viral in social media, where a COVID-19 positive drug user who fled from RIMS Covid Care Centre was physically assaulted by RIMS Staffs while restraining him. Speaking to media at Human Rights Alert office in Kwakeithel Thiyam Leikai today, Organisation Convenor- Babloo Loitongbam said those organisations working in field of Drug abuse prevention have been demanding Government to chalk out separate plans for Drug users since the beginning of the pandemic as drug users are most likely to be affected if ever tested COVID-19 positive. He lamented that failure of authorities concerned to take timely actions has led to increase in such unwanted incidents. He demanded the Government to include a special strategy for Drug users in COVID 19 policy.
Convenor of Human Rights Alert Babloo Loitongbam demands Government to include special strategy for Drug users in COVID-19 policy
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- MP Dr. RK Ranjan walks out of strategy meeting to discuss ways to convert Chanam Sandrok GP into a Model Village
- Manipur remembers historic Nupi Lal
- CENTRE APPROVES NEW MEDICAL COLLEGE IN CHURACHANDPUR: CM BIREN SINGH
- Manipur joins in observing International Human Rights Day 2020 on “Recover Better Stand up for Human Rights” theme
- MLA Karam Shyam appeales people to encourage youths in their initiatives towards good cause
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.