Imphal, 12 November 2020 ( Evening News ) : Repair of the Irang bridge along National Highway 37, Imphal-Jiribam road is underway after its second collapse yesterday. Chief Minister Nongthombam Biren hopes that the bridge will be ready in one week. Speaking to Impact News during the media briefing at Chief Minister's Secretariat today, the Chief Minister assured that once the route is restored, foundation stone will be laid to convert the Bailey bridge into an RCC Bridge. N.Biren appealed to stop making fun of the army personnel who are putting their best efforts to repair the bridge which re-collapsed yesterday. Acknowledging that the old Cachar road needs to be repaired, N. Biren said those protesting about the bad condition of the road have been called for holding a peaceful dialogue with the Government.
Union Home Minister Amit Shah likely to visit Manipur this Month; Chief Minister N Biren assures of upgrading Irang Bridge into RCC bridge
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- MP Dr. RK Ranjan walks out of strategy meeting to discuss ways to convert Chanam Sandrok GP into a Model Village
- Manipur remembers historic Nupi Lal
- CENTRE APPROVES NEW MEDICAL COLLEGE IN CHURACHANDPUR: CM BIREN SINGH
- Manipur joins in observing International Human Rights Day 2020 on “Recover Better Stand up for Human Rights” theme
- MLA Karam Shyam appeales people to encourage youths in their initiatives towards good cause
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.