Imphal, 10 October 2020 ( Evening News ) : National Sports University Haraothel Protection Committee has decided to suspend its agitation. Sekmai MLA Heikham Dingo, representatives of National Sports University Haraothel Protection Committee and villages in Sekmai Constituency met with Chief Minister Nongthombam Biren yesterday. They apprised the Chief Minister about the ongoing tension in various parts of the Constituency with regards to construction of National Sports University at Haraothel. It maybe recalled that intense agitations erupted between two communities over the jurisdiction of Haraothel, as one party claims it falls in Kangpokpi District while the Committee claims that it falls in Imphal West District. Following an agreement in the meeting with the Chief Minister, National Sports University Haraothel Protection Committee has decided to withdraw its agitation.The agreed terms included reaffirmation of the venue for the construction of National Sports University at Haoraothel as earlier submitted to the Central Government, to award befitted punishments to those culprits who uploaded fake documents on social media which incited controversies over the venue for the construction of the Sports University and to hold discussions with various stakeholders concerned to ensure smooth construction of the National Sports University.
Government reaffirms venue for National Sports University as submitted earlier to Centre
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- New COVID-19 SOP has been drafted to combat coronavirus pandemic in Manipur : Chief Minister Nongthombam Biren
- CM Nongthombam Biren urges people of Wangoi Assembly constituency not to waste their votes on uncertain candidates
- 6 Student Bodies AMSU, DESAM, KSA, AIMS, MSF and SUK slam Chief Minister N Biren of flouting COVID-19 SOPs during By-Election rallies
- State Government is mulling of imposing total lockdowns to curb spread of coronavirus in wake of escalating COVID-19 cases : CM
- Serum Institute of India says 200 to 300 million of Covid-19 vaccine doses may be ready In india by December end
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.