Imphal, 06 July 2018 ( Evening News ) : All India Students’ Federation (AISF), Manipur State Council held a discussion meet at Manipur Press Club today in relation to the ongoing upheavals at Manipur University. Presiding the discussion meet, Retired Professor, Naorem Joykumar called on to settle the burning issue of Manipur University without further delay. He asserted, there must be a strong reason to justify the strong allegations made against Vice-Chancellor, Prof. Adya Prasad Pandey by the students, teachers and other student organisations and urged to the VC to comply to their demands. He maintained that Manipur University plays a significant role in moulding the future of the state and that perpetual chaos in the university will lead to complete decimation of the society. Expressing discontentment at the lack of response from the State and the Central Government on the matter, the retired professor reiterated that silence will not solve the prevailing issue. Academicians, students and representatives of various organisations of the state took part in the discussion meet and expressed their opinion. They asserted that the prolonged issue at the University is affecting the students' career lives and hence urged to the Government and relevant authorities to oust the VC from his post and resolve the crisis at the earliest.
AISF, Manipur State Council holds discussion meet on Manipur University crisis
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- 1 person died & 23 injured in a violent clash between two villages
- Newly appointed Minister Oinam Lukhoi hints at exit of NPP ministers from BJP led Coalition State Government if they don't get along
- Deputy CM Y. Joykumar says NPP's stand will be taken along with NPP National President Conrad Sangma upon his arrival
- Ex Minister Karam Shyam says LJP Central Leaders and Advisors of Langthabal will decide whether to support BJP led State government or not
- Dropping of Kangpokpi MLA, Nemcha Kipgen from State Cabinet leads to mass upheavals in Kangpokpi District
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.