Imphal, 29 April 2018 ( Evening News ) : Chief Minister N. Biren along with Speaker Yumnam Khemchand and Water Resources Minister Letpao Haokip inspected the condition of Imphal river banks and dredging works being taken up along the river at different localities of Singjamei, Thongju and Yaiskul Constituencies today. The team was accompanied by high ranking officials of the State Government. It may be mentioned that dismantling and eviction of houses, shops and other unauthorised structures is being done apart from dredging of riverbeds and strengthening of embankments by the State Government to combat flash floods.The team mainly inspected areas namely Singjamei Oinam Thingel, Waikhom Leikai, Mongkhang Lambi, Torban Kshetri Leikai, Singjamei Chirom Leikai, Thokchom Leikai and Loklaobung etc.
Chief Minister along with the Speaker and Water Resources Minister inspects Imphal river banks and dredging works along the river
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Vice Chancellor of Manipur University, Professor AP Pandey nullifies leave extended to him; claims resumption of duty
- Suspected plastic eggs scare customers and eatery owner at Moirang Leirak Jiri Parking
- Government suspends all telecom services except voice calls for next five days
- Government introduces 3 bills on the 1st day of Monsoon Assembly Session
- Government suspends Sub-Inspector of Manipur Police and a Constable for inhumane conducts toward students protestors
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.