Imphal, 14 April 2018 ( Evening News ) : Manipuri Hindus are observing Cheiraoba festival today with traditional fervour and gaiety. As part of the New Year’s festival, traditional Manipuri cuisines are prepared in every household and offered to God. The preparation begins early in the morning with both men and women and even the children of the household lending their helping hands. As per tradition, various cuisines are placed at the entrance gate as an offering to the God for a prosperous year ahead. People will also be climbing the nearby hillocks late this afternoon to pray at the sacred shrine located at the hilltops, especially at Chingmeirong, Cheirao Ching and Pishumching at Singjamei in Imphal Town, while late in the evening through the night, traditional Thabal Chongba dance performances will be held at various places. For the people following Hindu religion, the day is very important and significant.
Manipuri Hindus are observing Cheiraoba festival today
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Vice Chancellor of Manipur University, Professor AP Pandey nullifies leave extended to him; claims resumption of duty
- Suspected plastic eggs scare customers and eatery owner at Moirang Leirak Jiri Parking
- Government suspends all telecom services except voice calls for next five days
- Government introduces 3 bills on the 1st day of Monsoon Assembly Session
- Government suspends Sub-Inspector of Manipur Police and a Constable for inhumane conducts toward students protestors
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.