Imphal, 31 March 2018 ( Evening News ) : Large number of people of the State led by Chief Minister Nongthombam Biren paid homage to the mortal remains of Veteran Politician RK Dorendrosana who was the Chief Minister of the State for three terms. Deputy Chief Minister, Joykumar, Speaker, Khemchand, Ministers , MLAs, top police and civil officials of the State offered floral tribute to the deceased leader at his residence in Yaiskul Janmasthan today. Speaking to media persons, Chief Minister, Nongthombam Biren said the former Chief Minister is a highly respected leader national wide and that his death is an immense loss not just for the State but for the whole North Eastern Region. The Chief Minister that the loss will remain as a void in the politics of Manipur. Biren maintained that people of the State must not forget the contributions of the deceased leader. He also wished that the departed soul may rest in peace and that he shares the grief of the bereaved family members. It may be mentioned that RK. Dorendro was the chief minister of Manipur for three times from December 6, 1974 to May 16, 1977, then from January 14, 1980 to November 27, 1980 and from April 8, 1992 to April 11, 1993. He was also elected to the Upper House of the Indian Parliament - the Rajya Sabha from Manipur during September 20, 1988 till March 12, 1990 from Indian National Congress party and also served as the Speaker of Manipur Legislative Assembly. The senior politician was admitted to the JNIMS special ward on March 17 and passed way last night at the Hospital.
People of the State led by CM Biren pay homage to the mortal remains of Former CM RK Dorendrosana today
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Media fraternity condole, untimely demise of beloved Impact News Video Editor, Kakchingtabam Bipinchandra, who passed away at the age of 38, late last night
- NAGAMAPAL BOMB BLAST: I/W POLICE ARRESTS 6 INCLUDING NIPCO PREZ
- Vice Chancellor of Manipur University, Professor AP Pandey nullifies leave extended to him; claims resumption of duty
- Suspected plastic eggs scare customers and eatery owner at Moirang Leirak Jiri Parking
- Government suspends all telecom services except voice calls for next five days
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.