Imphal, 29 March 2018 ( Evening News ) : The 6th edition of Ougri Fest 2018 kicks off at National Institute of Technology (NIT) Campus, Langol today. Deputy Chief Minister Yumnam Joykumar inaugurated the 4 day eventful festival organised by NIT. Addressing the gathering, Joykumar said pure science subjects such as physics, chemistry and biology should not be neglected and students should give equal emphasis on such subjects. He said, it should be in parallel with the technical studies. He said, humans need mental satisfaction more than material satisfaction and maintained that the event would be able to give such mental satisfaction. He lamented that students these days are behind in research and encouraged them to take research works. He asserted that country's prosperity depends on the advancement in research works. It maybe mentioned that the first edition of Ougri fest was held in 2013. The fest caters exclusively various cultural events and extra-curricular activities. This year, solo singing competition will add to the range of events. It may be recalled that social service and blood donation camp were held on March 23 and 27 respectively ahead of the fest.
6th edition of Ougri Fest 2018 kicks off at National Institute of Technology (NIT) Campus
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Suspected plastic eggs scare customers and eatery owner at Moirang Leirak Jiri Parking
- Government suspends all telecom services except voice calls for next five days
- Government introduces 3 bills on the 1st day of Monsoon Assembly Session
- Government suspends Sub-Inspector of Manipur Police and a Constable for inhumane conducts toward students protestors
- Five major student organisations AMSU, MSF, SUK, AIMS and KSA resolve to support MUSU's 48 hour general strike
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.