Imphal, 23 March 2018 ( Evening News ) : National Institute of Electronic and Information Technology(NIELIT), Akampat, Imphal organised a One-Day Job Fair with an aim to provide job opportunities to students specialising in different subjects in the state today. The programme initiated by NIELIT in association with Ministry of Labour and Employment, Government of India was inaugurated by Industries Minister, Thongam Biswajit . Altogether 20 companies, including JIO Communications along with 4 other companies from outside the state and 16 companies of the state, participated in the fair. Large number of students, specialising in various subjects and currently undertaking vocational trainings attended the programme since early morning. Some Students gave interview to just company they are interested in while some others gave interviews for 3 to 4 companies. The companies did not recruiting the students immediately even if the students were fit for the job as they have not completed their studies. Speaking to Impact News, Project Engineer of NIELIT , S. Jugeshwor stated that the fair was organised in order to provide job opportunities to the youth of the state. Several students who tried their luck at the fair told Impact news that they gave their best, however the final decision lies with the respective companies.
NIELIT organised a One-Day Job Fair with an aim to provide job opportunities
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Suspected plastic eggs scare customers and eatery owner at Moirang Leirak Jiri Parking
- Government suspends all telecom services except voice calls for next five days
- Government introduces 3 bills on the 1st day of Monsoon Assembly Session
- Government suspends Sub-Inspector of Manipur Police and a Constable for inhumane conducts toward students protestors
- Five major student organisations AMSU, MSF, SUK, AIMS and KSA resolve to support MUSU's 48 hour general strike
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.