Imphal, 15 March 2018 ( Evening News ) : Chief Minister, Nongthombam Biren visited old age Homes, children homes and Mentally Retarded centre in connection with the first anniversary of the BJP governance in the state today. Biren asserted that his government will give top priority to the poor and the destitutes. The Chief Minister accompanied by Social welfare Minister, Nemcha kipgen, Revenue Minister, K. Shyam and MLAs visited old age Home set up by All Manipur Senior citizen Welfare Association at Mongsanggei, BB Paul mental development home, Destitute Children home at Tera Keithel, Carmel Jyoti children home at Luwangsangbam and Dewlaland Children home. Biren presented gifts to the aged persons at the old Age home in Mongsangei and encouraged them not to be disheartened. The Chief Minister also assured that Health cards under Chief minister gi Haksel gi tengbang will also be handed over to the elderly persons at the Home within a week. Biren assured that the lacking infrastructure at the home including food items will be provided at the earliest. He also assured to provide a domestic water pipeline to the Homes in consultation with the officials of Public Health Engineering Department. The Chief Minister also presented gifts to the other Homes he visited today. Biren encouraged the Children at the homes not to lose heart but instead focus on education to be successful in life. Speaking on the sidelines of the Visit, Chief Minister Biren said the Union Home Ministry has agreed to start helicopter service in the State by issuing a formal letter at 75 per cent subsidy scheme and the remaining 25 per cent by the State Government. The Minister also maintained that the Thoubal Multi Purpose Project and Dolaithabi Barrage Project which were earlier planned to be inaugurated during the Prime Minister’s Visit to the State tomorrow will not be inaugurated as the projects are yet to be completed.
Chief Minister Biren visits different destitute homes and mentally retarded centre
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Media fraternity condole, untimely demise of beloved Impact News Video Editor, Kakchingtabam Bipinchandra, who passed away at the age of 38, late last night
- NAGAMAPAL BOMB BLAST: I/W POLICE ARRESTS 6 INCLUDING NIPCO PREZ
- Vice Chancellor of Manipur University, Professor AP Pandey nullifies leave extended to him; claims resumption of duty
- Suspected plastic eggs scare customers and eatery owner at Moirang Leirak Jiri Parking
- Government suspends all telecom services except voice calls for next five days
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.