Imphal, 01 February 2018 ( Evening News ) : Chief Minister, Nongthombam Biren innaugrated the new building of Manipur Pollution Control Board at Imphal West DC Complex, Lamphelpat today. Speaking at the inaugural, Chief Minister, Biren stated that it will be decided whether the board can be upgraded to the level of a directorate. He inaugrated the Administrative and Laboratory section at the new building of Manipur Pollution Control Board, today. He maintained that people of the state will be acquainted with common sense and civic sense regarding pollutions. Biren said efforts are on to curb throwing of wastes and garbages in Nambul River running through Khwairamband market. He said order has been already issued and police personnel deployed to catch people throwing garbages at Nambul river. While speaking in connection with traffic rules violators in the state, the Chief Minister said he was shocked to see a viral video of a cat waiting for green signal at a zebra crossing in Japan. Forest and Environment Minister, TH. Shyamkumar, Chairman of MPCB, L. Radhakishore, MLAs, Top Officials of various departments and many people attended the innaugural event. Taking part at the event, Forest and Environment Minister, TH. Shyamkumar asserted that pollution is on the rise in Manipur. He condemned those who have not availed themselves door to door garbage collection facility till date. Shyamkumar drew the attention of the Chief Minister and suggested not to allow inidividuals without proper garage to buy vehicles.
CM Biren inaugurates the new building of Manipur Pollution Control Board at Imphal West DC Complex, Lamphelpat today
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Vice Chancellor of Manipur University, Professor AP Pandey nullifies leave extended to him; claims resumption of duty
- Suspected plastic eggs scare customers and eatery owner at Moirang Leirak Jiri Parking
- Government suspends all telecom services except voice calls for next five days
- Government introduces 3 bills on the 1st day of Monsoon Assembly Session
- Government suspends Sub-Inspector of Manipur Police and a Constable for inhumane conducts toward students protestors
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.