Imphal, 09 January 2018 ( Evening News ) : State observed the 184th death anniversary of Maharaja Ghambir Singh at his memorial site at Langthabal, Canchipur, today. The memorial ceremony was organised by State Archaeology Dept of Art & Culture. Speaking at the observance, Chief minister Nongthongbam Biren asserted that one should think of one's motherland as one venture into politics. He opined that a person who has no love for his motherland and his countrymen will never take any developmental works. He urged not to enter politics if one has no love for one's motherland. Biren disclosed that Maharaja Ghambir Singh's memorial site will be developed in consultation with an International level consultant at the earliest. Minister of Art & Culture, Langolakpam JayentaKumar, Minister of CAF & PD, Karam Shyam , many Ministers and MLAs were among those present at the event.
Manipur revere Maharaja Ghambir Singh on his 184th death anniversary; CM Biren urged not to enter politics if one has no love for one's motherland
Latest from Jitendra ( Admin)
- Vice Chancellor of Manipur University, Professor AP Pandey nullifies leave extended to him; claims resumption of duty
- Suspected plastic eggs scare customers and eatery owner at Moirang Leirak Jiri Parking
- Government suspends all telecom services except voice calls for next five days
- Government introduces 3 bills on the 1st day of Monsoon Assembly Session
- Government suspends Sub-Inspector of Manipur Police and a Constable for inhumane conducts toward students protestors
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.